Texas assistant principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified Professional Development and Appraisal System (T-TESS) appraiser
Thorough understanding of school operations
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to coordinate campus support operations
- Three years experience as a classroom teacher
- Two years experience as an Administrator preferred
- Participate in development and evaluation of educational programs.
- Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate.
- Promote the use of technology in teaching/learning process.
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
- Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Participate in development of campus improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
- Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain and records to track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences. Serve as second appraiser for designated teacher appraisal system.
- Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
- Supervise operations in principal?s absence.
- Help plan daily school activities by participating in the development of class schedules, teacher assignments, and extracurricular activity schedules.
- Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with attendance clerk on follow-up investigations.
- Work with department heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; check inventory; maintain records; and verify receipts for materials.
- Assist with safety inspections and safety-drill practice activities.
- Coordinate transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
- Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and board policy.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during noninstructional periods.
- Help to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment.
- Articulate the school?s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.