There is a possibility of 2 positions with this posting: one in high school and one in middle school. Possible coaching duties as assigned.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or related training and work experience for certification waivers under the District of Innovation Plan (DOI)
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Preferred years of experience as teacher but not required.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of student’s assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of students.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Apply and enforce student discipline in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Assist in selection of instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Initiate and approve purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.