All students will reach their full academic and social potential, will be prepared to grow further in education, and will be responsible adults and life-long learners in a global society.
Baird is a vibrant community located 20 miles east of Abilene on Interstate 20. Baird, the county seat of Callahan County, has plenty to offer residents, visitors, and businesses. Established in 1880, Baird has a rich, colorful history from cattle trails to railroad tracks to the interstate highway. Historical buildings dot the town and annual events celebrate the past and the present.
- Application Deadline February 28, 2020
- Application Review and March 6, 2020
- Select Applicants to Interview
- Conduct Initial Interviews March 16-20, 2020
- Conduct Second Interviews March 23-25, 2020
- Home Visits March 26-31, 2020
- Name Lone Finalist April 1, 2020
- Meeting to Employ New Superintendent April 30, 2020
PROFILE FOR POSITION:
- An effective communicator with superior interpersonal skills who can make and defend difficult decisions that are best for students and the district.
- A motivational leader who is attentive to staff morale, and has a proven ability in building an effective management team engaged in collaborative planning, problem solving, and decision making.
- A true educator with a successful record of improving student achievement for all student populations.
- A person of integrity, vision and visibility.
- A leader that knows school financial management, state funding laws and policy.
- A team builder that is committed to long term work in partnership with the Board of Trustees, students, staff, parents and community to build a climate of transparency, mutual trust, and cooperation and who is committed to the continued long term success of Baird ISD.
- An experienced educator from a district which corresponds to Baird ISD’s demographics and has teacher, campus administrator and central office experience who can provide direction to the district through a collaborative planning process.
- A reputation as an open, approachable, ethical and enthusiastic leader with a ready sense of humor who is involved in and visible throughout the district and community.
- An administrator who is active and stays current with new legislation that impacts students and staff (ie…HB3, SB11)
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position. Applicants should submit the following information:
- Letter of Interest
- Updated Resume
- Copies of relevant Certifications
- Copy of appropriate transcripts
- List of References. References should include addresses and a daytime phone number.
- Written responses to the following questions:
- What have you done in previous jobs that would qualify you for this position?
- What aspects of your current job do you like the most?
- What aspects of your current job do you like the least?
- Describe your experience with working with a small, rural community
- Write a detailed description about your experience(s) with budgeting and Texas school finance.
Interested applicants should apply online with button above.
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Region XIV Education Service Center
1850 Hwy. 351
Abilene, TX 79601
All applications will be treated confidentially and only the Lone Finalist will be revealed. Applicants are not to contact any members of the Board of Trustees. The final selection and appointment is the sole responsibility of the Board of Trustees. All personnel of the Baird Independent School District are employed without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, or national origin.