Snyder ISD is accepting applications for engaging teachers for the 2020-2021 school year. For more information and to apply, please visit www.applitrack.com/snyderisd/onlineapp
Snyder ISD offers a competitive pay salary with benefit contributions. We also offer stipends in many areas - including Master's degree holders, academics, and sports.
Job Title: Teacher Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal Pay Grade: Pay Step
Dept./School: Assigned Campus Date Revised: 2/17/2020
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree from accredited university Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level
assigned Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of core academic subject assigned General knowledge of curriculum and instruction Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience: At least one semester student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and
show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board
policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that
reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special
education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
Snyder ISD Job Description Teacher
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according
to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved
by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Snyder ISD Job Description Teacher
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.