Work in two teacher Ag department to direct and manage the agricultural science program for assigned campus. Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas Ag Sciences teaching certificate or related field
Demonstrated competency in agricultural science/industrial arts
Knowledge of agricultural science and technology
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Ability to supervise agricultural field experiences
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work under the leadership of the Ag Science Teacher to develop a diverse offering of CTE programs in the areas of Ag Sciences and Industrial Technology.
2. Serve as co-advisor to local Future Farmers of American (FFA) chapter, including planning and conducting leadership, citizenship, cooperative, career development, and competitive activities for students at local, regional, and state level.
3. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student needs.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
5. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
6. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
7. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.