QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
TITLE: Business Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: High School graduate or the equivalent, have thirty semester hours of college credit with some business orientation or equivalent business school training. College Degree preferred, and a positive factor in compensation. Necessary competencies are: book keeping, payroll, personnel records, financial recording, financial software, filing procedures, office records, management and business writing.
REPORTS TO: Special Education Director in matters of payroll, personnel records, financial records, and special education policy areas.
JOB GOAL: Performs and assumes responsibility for financial tasks under the guidance of Special Education Director.
- Preparation and maintenance of budget under direction of Special Education Director within the guidelines of the accounting system mandated by the Texas Education Agency.
- Maintenance of personnel records.
- Maintenance of financial records, payroll records, correspondence, reports, and supervising the financial office operations.
- Makes routine decisions in accordance with established priorities and policies.
- Accepts responsibilities for making office reports and supervising the financial office operations.
- Maintains accounting procedures on computerized bookkeeping system as per the accounting system used by the Texas Education Agency.
- Operates technical business machines.
- Prepares and maintains federal program budgets and reports under the direction of the Special Education Director.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve months of the school year. Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.