ORGANIZATION: CROSS PLAINS ISD
JOB TITLE: SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SUPERINTENDENT
COMPONENT: BUSINESS SERVICES
PAY GRADE: DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE &
KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSITION
DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT: 226
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUBMIT BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2019
To provide quality and effective services to Cross Plains ISD including payroll services, insurance services, travel services, managing filing system, so to assist Cross Plains ISD in supporting it’s school districts to achieve priorities of; recruiting, supporting, and retaining teachers and principals, building a foundation of reading and math, connecting high school to career and college, and improving low-performing schools
- College degree in accounting or business
- Prefer knowledge of and experience in accounting practices
- Prefer knowledge of and experience with payroll and insurance
- Experience using technology, i.e. spreadsheet, word processing, networking
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare data and data entry for accounts payable and payroll
- Utilize generally accepted practices in the preparation and reporting of payroll and payroll related deductions
- Support other Business Office functions as needed without continuous supervision
- Communicates effectively with clients and/or staff members, utilizing proper channels.
- Demonstrates cooperation, consideration, and courtesy with clients and staff.
- Maintains job related confidentiality.
- Utilizes good judgment in making decisions appropriate for Business Office operations.
- Works collaboratively with team members to improve component operations.
- Promotes and inspires initiative among program staff.
- Takes the initiative in making judgment decisions in providing services to Cross Plains ISD.
- Follows established policies and administrative procedures.
- Exhibits flexibility in adjusting to change.
- Demonstrates proper and efficient use of materials and equipment.
Personal and Professional Image
- Maintains an organized work area.
- Presents a personal appearance appropriate for the work situation.
- Maintains self-control and good working relations with Cross Plains ISD staff and client district personnel.
- Exhibits self-motivation toward fulfilling job assignments.
- Arrives at work and other scheduled events on time.
Required Training for Continued Employment Consideration
- New Employee Orientation Training
- Attend continuing education to pursue TASBO Certified Texas School Business Specialist
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST TO DADE COSBY, SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS. DCOSBY@CPLAINS.ESC14.NET