Provide research-based professional learning, instructional coaching, and technical assistance to support districts and campuses in the area of Early Literacy and support the implementation of HB 3 Reading Academies in Region 14.
- Meet the Cohort Leader screening requirements as determined by TEA
- Attend mandatory training in Austin
- Valid Texas teaching certification required
- Masters degree in Education or a related field preferred
- Three or more years of successful K-3 Reading Teacher experience required
- Experience with instructional coaching preferred
- Experience in the ability to design and lead professional learning opportunities in the area of literacy
- Knowledge of formative and summative assessment practices and ways to use data to inform literacy instruction and staff learning
- Strong understanding of effective literacy teaching practices
- Ability to work with and coach individuals toward professional growth
- Excellent oral and written communication for the educational community
- Technology skills to complete job requirements
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Provide learning opportunities through a variety of learning modes, including but not limited to: blended learning, face-to-face, and web-based technologies
- Facilitate sessions and discussions through Reading Academies
- Provide coaching, support, and feedback on artifacts
- Coordinate, organize, and evaluate literacy artifacts submitted by participants.
- Assist in monitoring student/campus/district progress in relation to literacy.
- Demonstrate effective coaching, mentoring, and conferencing skills.
- Utilize time wisely for effective management of position responsibilities and to ensure timelines are met.
- Participate as a effective team member who contributes to center-wide strategic planning goals.
- Provide technical support, materials, and dissemination of program information.
- Salary Based on Experience
- Full-time and/or part-time considered
All interested applicants must submit the following items:
- Professional resume with references
- Complete ESC 14 Online Application
- Please send these files in a seperate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-Employment Affidavit Form - Download
- Criminal History Record Inquiry Form - Download