To apply for this job - go to www.clydeisd.org - on upper left hand side go to quicklinks, then choose "Job Openings at Clyde CISD".
Closing Date for this Job is : February 18, 2019
Direct and manage the overall program of instrumental music for the district. Provide students with
an opportunity to participate in extracurricular band activities and ensure compliance with all state,
University Interscholastic League (UIL), and district requirements. Plan activities to achieve district,
region, and state recognition.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Direct high school instrumental performers, such as marching band, orchestra, concert band, soloists,
2. Establish performance requirements, enforce academic requirements, and verify each student’s
eligibility to participate in band.
3. Provide for band participation at extracurricular events, including concerts, football games, pep
rallies, parades, and UIL activities.
4. Arrange transportation, lodging, and meals for out-of-town events.
Band Director Job Description:
5. Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rules, UIL rules, and board policy in
the band area.
6. Oversee band booster club, and support band booster club activities.
7. Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to determine program
effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responds to student needs.
8. Recommend policies to improve program.
Budget and Inventory:
9. Ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
10. Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
11. Coordinate fundraising activities and manage funds.
12. Maintain current inventory of all fixed assets within department.
13. Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all band equipment.
14. Develop and implement plans for instrumental music program and show written evidence of
preparation as required.
15. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
16. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board
policies, and administrative regulations.
17. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that
reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
18. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
19. Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional
development of students.
20. Apply and enforce student discipline in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student
21. Accompany and supervise students on out-of-town trips.
22. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
Band DirectorJob Description:
23. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals,
24. Maintain professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
25. Maintain confidentiality.
26. Assist with recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of assistant band director(s).
27. Other duties as assigned.
Monitor the performance of assistant band director.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent district and occasional statewide travel; prolonged
and irregular hours; outdoor and indoor work; exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather.
*Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
*Valid Texas teaching certificate
* Knowledge of overall operation of instrumental music program
* Ability to manage budget and personnel
* Knowledge of state and U.I.L. policies governing band
* Ability to implement policy and procedures
* Ability to interpret data
* Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Three years teaching and band directing experience