Roscoe CISD Central Office
Work under close supervision and follow established procedures to maintain accounting records and process accounts payables according to standard accounting procedures.
High school diploma or GED
Special knowledge/ Skills:
Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
Abilitiy to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance.
Ability to communicate effectively
Preferred accounting-related experience at clerical level
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive and process for timely payment all accounts payable invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, receipts, and vendor information. Verify invoices and purchase orders to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders, invoices and shipments as needed.
- Input data into accounting system.
- Prepare forms, manuals, reports, and payment authorizations following district standards and requirements.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, record, and other documents required.
- Maintain vendor files and set up new accounts and make changes as they occur.
- Answer questions, direct calls, and receive incoming calls.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.