Job Title: Paraprofessional
School: Maxfield Elementary
Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under supervision of certified teacher.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned
- May be asked to obtain CDL and drive a bus
Fernando Sandoval, Principal
Maxfield Elementary School
Gorman, Tx 76454
254-734-3171 ext. 212