The Information Security/ Technology Consultant is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives for Region 14. The Information Security Consultant will also be responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of comprehensive information security and privacy programs for participating Districts. This position also includes technology consultant duties which will require desktop support, technology troubleshooting, and quality customer service for ESC staff and district customers.
The Security scope of this position includes information in digital format, print format, as well as other formats.
The purpose of the position is:
- to raise awareness of information security among participating Districts,
- improve the overall protection from external and internal threats to participating ESCs,
- and to ensure that the ESCs are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security, and privacy, and to assist Districts with security in the handling of data and use of technology.
- Works as a technology consultant at Region 14 supporting the ESC and Districts with technical expertise.
- Assists with the development of an industry acceptable set of information security policies and procedures in association
- Aids in with the implementation of information security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates information security compliance activities between the Texas Education Agency
- Ensures that security policies and procedures comply with state and federal standards.
- Provides direct information security training
- Manages information security incident response.
- Coordinates efforts between TEA and ESC’s technical teams in reviewing and improving individual Information Security Plans.
- Performs information security risk analysis and periodic information system activity reviews for information security processes.
- Assists with the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements as necessary.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant
Local Area Network
- Data Backup
- Malware Protection
- Antivirus support
- On call support for schools (Technology Support hotline)
- Security server configurations
- Desktop support
- Presentation room support
- Demonstrates good communication techniques and utilizes proper communication channels with ESC14 staff and districts.
- Acts as liaison providing updated information on local, state, and federal levels.
- Effectively disseminates technology related information to groups or individuals
- Seeks training in professional areas and provides up-to-date information in areas of responsibilities.
- Recommends and prepares effective in-service and instructional resources for staff and clients.
Personal and Professional Image
- Maintains self-control and good working relations with other staff or WTTC members when facing problems and frustrations.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, self-motivation and physical appearance toward fulfilling job assignment requirements.
- Demonstrates leadership in the infusion of technology into the education environment.
- Prepares and inspires initiative among program staff.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary - Dependent on years of combined educational experience, network related experience, and Region 14 pay scale.
- Teacher Retirement System Benefits
- 228 Day Contract
- Salary Based on Experience
- Official start date: September 1, 2018
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in the technology field.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, editing, and public speaking
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people