Job Title: Attendance/PEIMS Clerk Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal Pay Grade: Pay Grade 3
Dept./School: Assigned Campus Date Revised: 12/19/2012
Maintain accurate attendance records for the campus. Under direct supervision, perform data entry including attendance, Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data, and grades.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases, and do word processing
Proficient keyboarding, file maintenance, and 10-key skills
Ability to meet established deadlines
Two years data entry experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records and Reports
- Collect and enter attendance and PEIMS data into established database and verify accuracy of according to established procedures.
- Prepare and print reports, including attendance reports, grades, class or personnel rosters, end-of-semester reports, or accounting reports.
- Maintain physical and computerized records, including student cumulative folders, progress and failure reports, class rosters, grade books, and schedule changes if applicable.
- Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, setting up cumulative folder, and entering student data into appropriate databases.
- Assist parents, students, and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
- Process and transmits requests for student information and transcripts.
- Call parents to verify student absences as needed.
- Report all attendance problems to designated administrator.
- Assist in campus office as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Personal computer or online computer terminal, printer, calculator, and copier.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.