Overview: Reports to the Superintendent in regards to serving as the school’s Webmaster,
social media specialist, and parent communications specialist. The person in this position will
design, develop and support public facing websites and applications, social media accounts,
and internal reporting interfaces.
The Webmaster / Social Media Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, updating and
maintaining the school’s website and social media presence across Facebook, Instagram, and
Twitter, etc. to achieve the schools marketing objectives. These objectives include targeting
specific audiences, increasing brand awareness, raising interest and attracting mission-centric
students and families to the district.
• Maintaining and updating the school’s current website including content, graphics, photos,
• Verifying all web and social media content is consistent with the design and style of the
• Confirming all content, graphics, photos, videos, etc., align with the Piper mission and values
of Hamlin Collegiate ISD.
• Coordinating with school principals, administrators and key faculty to maintain and update
content as needed.
• Maintaining, converting and optimizing published documents for online use.
• Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on web traffic statistics and review of content
• Keeping up-to-date with new, rapidly changing Internet technologies and recommending
possible improvements to the school’s web and social media presence.
• Creating and maintaining the school’s presence on various social media platforms including
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linked-In.
• Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of the school’s SEO and SEM marketing
• Checking hyperlinks regularly to ensure validity.
• Collaborating with various school divisions to develop marketing and communications plans
that leverage social media space. The Webmaster / Social Media Specialist would own this
strategy and be responsible for its implementation across various social media spaces.
• Developing social media content that could include: blogs posts, tweets, status updates,
pins, photos and videos.
• Gathering and reporting “ParentSquare” feedback to Administration team every six weeks.
Desired Skills and Traits:
• Attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to work well with others as well as work independently.
• Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Graphic Design experience a plus
• Related marketing experience.
• Organizational skills in file management with a large variety of file types.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree combined with relevant work experience.
Salary: Full time position, commensurate with educational background, certifications,