Primary Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the academic program, under the direction of the campus principal, ensure sound implementation of curriculum and staff development to improve student achievement.
Qualifications: Education/Certification: Master’s degree in educational administration or curriculum & Instruction Certified Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) appraiser
Special Knowledge/Skills: Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to implement policy and procedures Working knowledge in Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) Resource System
Ability to interpret data Excellent organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Experience: 5 years classroom teacher experience
3 years instructional leadership experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assist the school principal with the overall administration of the instructional program at the campus level and coordinate assigned student activities and services.
2. Provide leadership in the identification, evaluation, and selection of instructional programs, resources, and equipment for increased student achievement.
3. Facilitate improved student performance through the professional growth of teachers and staff as measured by course work and assessment data.
4. Provide quality instructional support and feedback on the instructional effectiveness of the campus.
5. Work with the principal to develop and implement the master schedule.
6. Assist in designing and providing professional development based on data analysis and campus needs.