Job Title: Lead Technician
Reports to: IT Director
Install, test, and maintain network hardware, personal computers, software, and related equipment. Diagnose and resolve network problems.
Associate degree in computer science or management information systems, or equivalent experience in network installation and repair
Knowledge of local area networks (LAN), wireless local area networks (WLAN), and wide area networks (WAN) design and installation
Knowledge of network hardware and software applications including network servers, printers, and other equipment
Ability to work with multiple operating systems and network protocols
Ability to analyze and resolve computer network problems
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install and test network hardware, software, and upgrades, and identify and resolve issues. Implement and maintain all system configurations and perform system maintenance.
- Monitor and analyze system utilization; recommend improvements as needed.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of network equipment.
- Diagnose and repair network connectivity and hardware issues.
- Maintain network design and configuration documentation. Work with end users to identify needs and correct problems.
- Implement, and maintain districtwide network security for all systems by maintaining network, Internet, and e-mail accounts.
- Run backup procedures on all networks and workstations on a regular basis and restore district data as needed.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a disaster recovery plan as it relates the district’s network.