Comanche Independent School District
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
The Board of Trustees of Comanche ISD would like to announce their vacancy for Superintendent of Schools. Superintendent Gary Speegle announced his retirement effective August 31, 2020.
The Board of Trustees are searching for an exceptionally qualified administrator to lead the District. Comanche ISD is known for a quality all-around program with a family atmosphere between students, staff, parents, and community. The Board of Trustees believe in the sign that sits in front of them that states “Children First”. The finalist for this position will be one that will make every decision based on the children of this community.
Comanche Independent School District is a public-school district based in Comanche county in central Texas. The district serves over 1300 students from Early Head Start through 12th grade. The district is made up of 4 campuses: Comanche Early Childhood Center (birth-4 years), Comanche Elementary (Pre-k – 5th), HR Jeffries Junior High (6th – 8th), and Comanche High School (9th – 12th).
All qualified administrators are encouraged to apply for this position. Please DO NOT contact board members. All applicants and inquiries are to be directed to Mr. Gary Speegle.
This is a confidential search, only the Lone Finalist will be revealed.
The following should be submitted electronically:
- Letter of Interest
- Up to date resume, which includes work history listed chronologically showing positions of employment, date of service in each position, and candidate’s education.
- Transcript verifying academic degrees
- Copy of Texas Certification which shows all current certifications.
- A list of 5 references which include names and current contact information.
Application packets should be electronically submitted to:
Gary Speegle email@example.com and Jason Pate firstname.lastname@example.org
(A reply email will be sent to confirm submission has been received)
**PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT BOARD MEMBERS**
- Master’s degree with Texas Superintendent Certification required.
- Superintendent experience preferred, 5 years of Central Office experience, or successful leadership at the campus level.
- Knowledge of Texas School Finance.
Salary and Benefits:
- Negotiable, depending on experience
Timeline: June 1st Start date
- Application Deadline: 4:00 pm on Tuesday, April 21, 2020
- Review Applications: April 22—April 26, 2020
- First Round: April 27-May 1, 2020
- Second Round: May 4 - 8, 2020
- Board names Lone Finalist: May 8, 2020
- Board votes to hire Lone Finalist: May 29, 2020
- Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2020