Summary of Position:
To perform the essential duties of a Facilitator. The duties include conducting interviews to assess client needs, disseminating information regarding employment programs: explaining the requirements of the available program services and facilitating client access to all employment programs. To perform this job successfully, the Facilitator must be able to perform each duty, outlined below, satisfactorily.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Provide professional facilitation services to a diverse clientele
- May assist in developing a strategy for participants and providing customer guidance in establishing self-sufficiency goals.
- Determine clients eligibility for employment programs.
- Refer qualified clients that meet the employer’s job requirements.
- Develops and facilitates general orientations, training, and presentations for center programs to participants, providers, or workforce employees; as required.
- Conducts testing for aptitude, interests, etc.
- May attend local and out of town workshops, seminars and training to maintain current knowledge of the services, rules and regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state and local directives, rules and regulations
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other written materials.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned; based on operational needs.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, with one year of related experience.
- Alternatives are a minimum of 60 hours from an accredited college of university and two years of related experience; or graduation from high school/GED and four (4) years of related experience.
- Related experience is defined as experience in direct social work in the area of instruction, class room teaching or in workforce development program with emphasis on facilitation. Working knowledge of computer software programs (Word and Excel) is required. Experience in workforce development programs is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) beneficial; but not required.
- Valid driver's license and proof of liability insurance are required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to collect data and/or resources, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and apply sound judgment.
- Ability to access and coordinate resources with other agencies.
- Develop and deliver articulate and informative presentations and respond to questions from individuals/groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain a basic general knowledge of specialized programs; as assigned.
- Understands and able to explain federal, state and local directives, rules and regulations to individuals with various levels of educational experience and abilities.
- Willing to work irregular or extended hours with occasional business travel in and out of local area.
- Meets deadlines under time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work and interact effectively with co-workers and participants of diverse cultures, attitude and behaviors.
- Proficient computer skills with word processing, spreadsheet and database software programs.