ABOUT OUR DISTRICT
Roby Consolidated ISD is a K-12 campus located in Roby, Texas. The current enrollment of the district is 315 students ranging from Pre-kindergarten through 12th Grade. The district has an amazing staff and great students. Roby CISD is the pride of Fisher County and a great place to learn, grow, and play! The school district just passed a school bond to increase instructional facilities to meet our demands.
- Date: February 10, 2021
- Position Title: Teacher
- Teaching Responsibilities: English Language Arts, Grades 9-12
- Location: Roby Elementary School
- Salary Range: District approved salary schedule
- Length of Work Year: 10-month contract
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor's Degree from Accredited University
- Valid Texas Teacher Certification
- ESL Certification
- Student teaching approved internship or related work experience.
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to the instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students; support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and the student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Understand the demands of a small school employee.
Click here for the official job posting details.
*Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminating employment practice. In accordance with Title IX, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both. Inquiries about the application of Title IX to employment should be referred to Title IX Coordinator, (Jason Carter, Superintendent of Schools, 141 South College Street, P.O. Box 519, Roby, Texas, 79543, firstname.lastname@example.org, 325-776-2222).