Roby CISD Special Education Teacher 2020-2021
At Roby CISD, we are a small, personal, close-knit community located 45 miles northwest of Abilene where our staff, administrators, and school board members truly care about each individual child. We are an B rated district serving over 300 students. We offer strong academic programs and a wide variety of extracurricular activities. We will make sure that every student finds a place to belong, a passion to pursue, and a love for learning that will serve them well beyond the years they spend with us.
- Provide academic instruction to special needs students in a variety of subjects using evidence-based techniques such as multisensory learning, repetition or phonetics.
- Create individualized programs for students based on their specific needs to promote learning and social development.
- Communicate educational plans to parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and others involved with the student’s progress.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and behavior modification to instruct students in socially acceptable behavior to reduce incidents and maintain order.
- Keep records of all special needs students that adhere to local, state and federal guidelines to remain compliant.
- Coordinate with teachers to modify the curriculum to provide a more effective learning environment for special needs students to improve their potential.
- Instruct students in one or more subjects using discussions, lectures, demonstrations and other instructional tools to improve their grasp on the subject matter.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with Special Education EC-12 certification
If interested in applying for this position, please contact Jason Carter, Principal of Teaching & Learning at Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org.