- Experience in Federal Grants/Governmental Accounting preferred
- Accounting or Business Degree required
- TxEIS Software experience preferred
- Worked in school finance with 5 years experience preferred
Salary: Depending on Experience
Position is full-time, 228 days,
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Program Planning/Organizational Skills
. Relates component objectives to the Region 14 mission statement and demonstrates cooperation with other components.
. Maintains documentation of component services.
. Works collaboratively with other team members in organizing and planning services for school districts.
. Evaluates the extent to which component objectives have been met and the focus of services in the future.
- Develop and prepare annual budgets in coordination with each client.
- Continuously monitor and make budget recommendations for board approval as needed.
- Code and record financial transactions of each client.
- Maintain sufficient cash on hand and prepare cash reimbursement requests for each program as required.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit monthly expenditure reports as required by each program.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports for each client’s Board of Directors on a monthly, semi-monthly, or as needed basis.
- Provide technical assistance to each client as needed.
- Ensure that all costs incurred are allowable to the program.
- Continuously monitor accounting procedures and make adjustments as necessary to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Keep clients informed of changes in State and Federal requirements as pertains to finances.
. Works collaboratively with team members to improve component operations.
. Promotes and inspires initiative among program staff.
. Takes the initiative in making judgment decisions in providing services to local school districts.
. Demonstrates good communication techniques and utilizes proper communications with client school districts.
. Effectively transmits ideas and information to groups or individuals.
. Establishes communication linkages with local LEA.
Consultative and Technical Assistance
. Provides liaison functions between TEA,TRS and other governing entities, and the school districts within the Region 14 ESC.
. Participates in training, planning and other meetings conducted by the TEA and Region 20 ESC for the effective implementation of PEIMS and TxEIS Services at the local district level.
. Demonstrates knowledge of PEIMS data requirements and assists school district personnel in the effective management of the system.
. Plans and conducts training sessions for school district personnel regarding new reporting requirements, changes, and/or other information about PEIMS and/or TxEIS Services.
. Assists school districts with PEIMS submissions, including the review of PEIMS files and the approval of PEIMS files so they can be reviewed by TEA for final approval.
. Provide Financial Accountability System Resource Guide services.
. Provides technical assistance in TxEIS.
. Provides assistance to school districts pursuant to TEA diagnostic reports.
. Exhibits professional courtesy during personal interaction with school district personnel and Region 14 ESC staff.
. Displays an open-minded attitude by receiving, listening, and reacting to communications.
. Seeks training in professional areas and provides up-to-date information in areas of responsibilities.
. Recommends, prepares, and presents effective staff development to school personnel.
Personal and Professional Image
. Maintains self-control and good working relations with ESC staff and client district personnel.
. Exhibits self-motivation toward fulfilling job assignments.
. Arrives at work and other scheduled events on time.
. Presents a professional appearance.