Rule ISD is looking for a hard working individual to become part of our Bobcat Family! We are currently seeking applicants for a Behavior and Instructional Aide Position. Rule ISD is utilizing a 4-Day School Week this year.
We are looking for an instructional aide to help students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. This teammate will assist teachers in the preparation and management of classroom duties including defusing disruptive student behavior to refocus and transition students into classroom activities. This position will assist teachers with behavior and instructional support as well as serve as a receptionist and assist the PEIMS coordinator. Verifiable experience working with children who exhibit behavior problems is required and so is strong organizational skills.
This position will report to the Principal and will work with the Counselor, PEIMS coordinator, and Special Education Director.
This paraprofessional's duties will primarily be focused on:
- Assisting the Counselor with troubleshooting issues with dual credit logins, dual credit issues with colleges, ACT/SAT preparation and testing, and ASVAB preparation.
- Facilitate dual credit monitoring, IXL, Eduphoria, and other learning platforms the school district utilizes.
- Covering other classes and duties as needed.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned.
- Assist the PEIMS coordinator and serve as a receptionist, liaison between parents and students in class, and a safety monitor in hallways.
- Facilitate special education needs in the high school by reading tests, administering tests, assisting with work, and helping with student pullout requirements.
- Supervise students in ISS, D-hall, and lunch detention.
- Assist with credit recovery and HB 4545 tutoring requirements.
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience with online college and/or high school classes.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality in the workplace.
- Experience in serving as the receptionist and assistant registrar where students personal information is not visible.
- Overseeing students in ISS, D-hall, and lunch detention.
- Filing, answering the phone, organizational skills, professional etiquette in the workplace.
- Serving as a substitute for teachers.
Employee Expectations include:
- Being a positive team member for a student-focused organization.
- Be able to work well under the supervision of others yet work well independently when required.
- Able to work easily with a large number of colleagues.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Enjoy helping students be successful at school.
- Able to assist elementary and secondary age students.
- Being able to manage various projects simultaneously.
- Being resourceful and flexible to achieve a project goal.
- Being able to pass a background check.
- Dedicated to the continued growth of the Rule ISD and the Rule Bobcat Family.
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply online through the Region 14 portal.
For questions: Contact Rule ISD Principal Paul Harris at 940-997-2246.