Position Title: Special Education Aide
Location: Cross Plains Elementary (grades Pre K - 6)
Position Summary: Serving special education students needs and providing support and services to best meet their educational needs. Inclusion services as well as personal tracking of students.
• Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom displays
• Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom and prepare classroom according to student needs
• Help with inventory, care and maintenance of equipment
• Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports
• Provide orientation and assistance to substitutes teachers
• Assist students with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting or positioning
• Assist students with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs and personal hygiene
• Assist with classroom curriculum
• Help manage behavior of students which includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed
• Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student's special medical, physical, communicative and emotional needs
• Work with individual students or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher
• Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom which includes lunchroom, bus and playground duty
• Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students
• Maintain confidentiality
• Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings and special events as assigned
• Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned • Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based personnel.
• Accredited Senior High School Diploma or equivalent (U.S.A. equivalency)
• Paraprofessional certificate required from State Board of Certification
Application Procedures: email resumes and letters of interest to Jeanette Barron, Elementary Principal, email@example.com, 254-725-6123