Master's degree in educational assessment
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate
Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years teaching experience
- Receive student referrals and implement the assessment and evaluation process.
- Select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
- Collect and organize relevant assessment data from student?s cumulative folder, classroom teachers(s), principal, support staff, parents, and outside resource people.
- Conduct classroom observation and personal interviews.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
- Provide staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel in identification and understanding of students with disabilities.
- Assist classroom teachers with implementation of IEP.
- Consult parents concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
- Consult parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant individuals to enhance their work with students.
- Develop and maintain effective individual and group relationships with students and parents.
- Assist in the selection of assessment materials and equipment.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the assessment program and make changes based on findings.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the areas of assessment, placement, and planning for special education services.
- Comply with all district and local campus routines and regulations.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignment.
- Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Regular districtwide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; moderate lifting and carrying. May be required to lift and transfer students to and from wheelchair or assist with positioning students with physical disabilities.