This job will close on March 12, 2019.
To apply go to: www.clydeisd.org - on top left side under "quick links" choose "Job Openings at Clyde CISD" - Create Account
At least one year nursing experience or internship, preferably in school nursing and/or community health
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide direct care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established
school health protocols.
2. Serve as health advocate for students.
3. Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if
parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
4. Coordinate management system to administer medications to students at school. Administer
medications according to district policy and procedures.
5. Implement effective procedures for mandatory screening programs. Make referrals as necessary.
6. Coordinate continuing evaluation of campus health program and make changes based on findings.
7. Participate in development of campus health education curriculum and provide health education to
individuals and groups.
8. Educate faculty and staff as needed on health related topics.
9. Provide health counseling and instruction to individual students.
10. Serve as health liaison between school, physicians, parents, and community.
11. Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and
medical and health care professionals as needed.
12. Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee, crisis team, and school committees and
develops Individual Health Plan.
13. Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education
Plan (IEP) items.
14. Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child abuse.
15. Make home visits to help with student health problems as necessary with permission of principal.
16. Communicate regularly with principal, health services coordinator, school counselor, teachers,
parents, food services, and other staff regarding health services issues.
17. Review and evaluate immunization records.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited university.
Valid registered nurse license to practice professional nursing in Texas from the State Board of Nurse
Certified by Texas Department of Health to conduct vision and hearing screening
CPR/First Aid Healthcare Provider Certification
CPR Instructor Certification
Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health defects
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to implement policies and procedures