Qualifications: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology; Valid Texas License as a LSSP or LSSP-Intern;
Certified Educational Diagnostician
Reports to: Executive Director of Taylor-Callahan Education Cooperative
Knowledge / Skills
- Perform professional psychological work in assessment, behavior management, and counseling for students with disabilities.
- Assess the psychological and psycho-educational needs of students referred to special education / 504 services.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and complete required paperwork for ARD.
- Perform professional development as a trainer/coach for district/campus professionals as requested by Executive Director.
- Recognize and address school wide and individual social, emotional, and behavioral concerns that hinder academic growth.
- Provide school level consultation to support districts/campuses on the various systems of supports to address student social and emotional needs and promote mental health awareness.
- Possess the knowledge of procedures for assessing achievement and intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functional for educational purposes.
- Have the knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Have the knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process.
- Communicates in an effective, constructive and positive manner with students and parents
- Interacts positively and effectively with school personnel, including supervisors, administrators, teachers, auxiliary staff, building secretaries, etc. as an effective team member
- Promotes positive public relations
- Facilitates, coordinates and/or schedules for teacher, aide, student, and district personnel
- Manages and coordinates required meetings/conferences
- Manages and coordinates required paperwork
- Trains, supervises and evaluates paraprofessionals (when applicable)
- Completes, monitors and/or forwards pupil data as required
- Participates as a member of district or departmental team in improving service delivery
- Ability to travel to CoOp member districts and a Valid Texas Driver’s License (Each LSSP/Diagnostician will be assigned a home base and will travel to assigned districts; 80% of the job responsibilities require employee to be on the district(s)/campus(es) assigned
- Follows policies and procedures of Taylor-Callahan Education Cooperative & Districts’ Served
- Demonstrates knowledge of special education legislation and acts in accordance with these mandates
- Demonstrates knowledge in field including current issues and trends
- Demonstrates professionalism (flexible, adaptable, uses good judgment, acts appropriately and ethically, child centered, treats others with respect and dignity)
- Demonstrates continual assessment of individual program effectiveness and responds professionally to feedback
- Participates in professional growth activities
- Actively participates in the staff evaluation process
- Dresses appropriately
- Treats others with respect and dignity
- Maintains a clean work area
- TRS, Health, Life, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance available. Employee Assistance Program, Teledoc, and $225 TCEC contribution towards health insurance
- Reimbursed for travel to district(s)